Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Earlier in the week I had this feeling of emptiness.  Something was missing.  It didn't take me long, just a song a radio, to realize that I was desperately missing my Grandpa.  It's Fathers Day today!!!  There has been commercials, signs, advertisements all over the place to remind us of this very special day where we honor our dads.  I have a great step-dad.  Problem is, when he and my mom got married, I was to much of a little brat to let him actually be a father to me.   Fathers Day always reminds me of my Grandpa.  I could write a book about him and the wonderful example he was as a father, grandfather, friend, husband, and Christ follower. 

Here's a list of what I'm remembering today. 

Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Faithfulness
Goodness
Gentleness
Self-Control.

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain.  Faith. Hope. and Love.  and the greatest of these is Love. 

More on this later...I'm off to make my childrens father a yummy breakfast!!!

No comments: