Tuesday, April 28, 2009

FIRST EVER CONTEST!!!

I posted on 'rejection' yesterday and then no-one commented....hmmmm, OUCH! ;)


Do you have a 'personal life mission statement'? What is your purpose, what is your goal, what do you strive for?

We discussed this at homegroup this week and it was our 'homework' to come up with one. It's a great idea! I love it! I just have no idea what mine would be...I guess I have a million pieces of what it would look like running through my head but I'm not sure how I'd put it on paper in a sentence (which by the way, will for sure be a run-on sentence)

So...here is the contest.... Tell me your PERSONAL LIFE MISSION STATEMENT (think about it, pray about it, and make one if you don't already have one) and I will randomly draw from the entries and the winner will receive freshly baked cookies, cookie dough or banana bread (your choice). If you live far away, I'm sorry, you'll have to come visit to claim this prize :)

Contest closes May 10.
I realize that some may not want to share their statement, and that's okay...just post a comment letting me know that you HAVE one and you will still be entered.

7 comments:

paige said...

i'm stealing a quote from my sister because it so beautifully sums up my life right now.
"Motherhood is my extremely hard, but inestimably valuable contribution to our world and to the kingdom of Heaven."
Yes, there are a billion other things that i love - or that other people might use to describe me... but it seems obvious to me that God gave me my most important work when he gave me my children.

Lisa said...

Hmmm... good contest. I'll be back.

Courtney said...

Hey I never got on here yesterday... I'm thinking too

Natasha said...

My personal life goal: win a contest and get some special Canadian cookies. =) (I can send a courier to collect my gift via United Airlines, no problem.)

Natasha said...

P.S. There is a desperate shortage of nanaimo bars this side of the border.

P.S.S. I will comtemplate while my real life goals while eating the forementioned prize proceeds. =)

KaraLyn said...

we had to do this in our life group before we left too. I loved the exercise and wondered why I had never thought to do it before. Being a teacher, I was constantly writing objectives and it only makes sense to do it for your personal life too!

Mine is: "To walk in a relationship with Jesus, such that the characteristics of the gift of His Spirit overflow powerfully to my relationships with the husband I team with, the children I am seeking to lovingly 'grow' and the women I am called to encourage."

is that "run-on" enought for ya??:)

p.s. I think chocolate chips may melt on the trip across the ocean:)

p.p.s I love the way you think.

deborah said...

Hmm, I haven't entered yet, but I've been thinking about it.

I really did struggle with it because I believe that my personal life mission statement changes throughout my life. I thought about making up a 'general' one, and that in itself was a challenge.
So this is what I've come up with:

To live a life of love, pleasing to God, serving Him, my family & others cheerfully, with my whole being, while seeking His will for my life.

(btw, Paige, I think this time you wimped out by using your sister's! Just kidding!)