Raya still wears pull-ups at night and lately has been having a few accidents during the day. Odd. I think it might be because she 'thinks' she is wearing a pull-up so she pee's and then clearly realizes that she isn't. A while ago (before Christmas) we discussed the idea of no more pullups and I told her that after 1 week of panties at bedtime she could pick out a toy. She chose Blue's Clue's Lego. Nothing ever came of it though, she insisted on pullups at bedtime and I didn't argue for a couple of reasons.
Well, yesterday after another accident, I said "No more pullups!!, You are a big girl and you are going to wear panties!" She was excited about it and wore panties to bed last night. She was still try at 4am when I checked her but she woke me up at 430 when she just couldn't hold it any longer. I did a quick bedding change and put a pullup on her....she said "I'm not a little, I'm a big girl!" I switched it to panties and she was good for the rest of the night!
This morning she said she wants to wear a pullup tonight...so I broke out the old bribe and said "but don't you want a new toy? and don't you want to be a big girl?"
She right away said "Ya, I can have Blue's Clue's Lego right mama?"
"Sure you can, or you can choose something else if you'd like"
there was a pause and then she said "I think I'll pick a new pack of PullUps!"
sigh
3 comments:
She is no dummy! Thinking ahead... who needs a toy, pullups are so much easier!
HAHA! Clever little rascal isn't she?
I have leraned with stubborn girls (and we both have one) that they will not do anything until they are ready. Mila still wears a diaper at night and until she is ready I can not make her hold her pee and the more I push the more she resists.
Raya is as smart and stubborn as her mom : )
Post a Comment